Borneo Rhino Alliance (BORA) No. 613555-A, a non-governmental organization operating as a non-profit company assists Government of Sabah through Sabah Wildlife Department in managing Sumatran rhinos, including development of advanced reproductive technology (ART) to help preserve endangered species. BORA seeks qualified candidates for the following positions, all two years contract, with the possibility to extend, and all based in the Faculty of Sustainable Agriculture, Universiti Malaysia Sabah, Sandakan, with periodic work elsewhere in Sabah.
- Veterinary Officer Grade G44 (Salary Scale RM3,371.00-9,414.00).
Successful candidate will be involved in developing Advanced Reproductive Technology (ART) work, mentored by senior veterinarians, scheduling and managing wildlife and domestic species under the ART program, and working with other veterinarians and scientists in the laboratory and field in Sabah.
- Degree in Veterinary Medicine
- Passion for wildlife
- Meticulous approach to work and a self-starter.
- Research Officer Grade Q44 (Salary Scale RM3,414.00-9,504.00).
Successful candidate will be involved in Advanced Reproductive Technology (ART) research, and assisting other scientists and veterinarians in the laboratory and field.
- Degree in Veterinary Medicine or Bachelor of Science in Zoology, Biology, Biotechnology or related fields
- At least three years working experience in related fields.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent writing and speaking skills (Bahasa Malaysia and English) and strong computer literacy.
- Leadership skills and meticulous approach to work.
- Senior Laboratory Technician Grade G27 (Salary Scale RM1, 363.00-RM5, 094.00).
Successful candidate will report to the Project Manager and will assist veterinarians and research officers in experiments and preparing materials for ART, ensuring that (i) laboratory facilities and equipment are clean and in good working condition, (ii) all chemicals and laboratory wastes are disposed of safely, and (iii) ordering and recording of all laboratory consumables is properly conducted. The candidate will also assist research students assigned to ART work.
- Certificate/Diploma in laboratory associated technical activities
- Preferred with at least 20 years of working experience in a reputable reproductive laboratory and have attended courses in ART related field
- Familiar with automated laboratory equipment and willing to learn operational skills in new laboratory techniques
- Laboratory Assistant Grade C17 (Salary Scale RM933.00-RM3,380.00)-Sabahan preferred.
Successful candidate will assist the Senior Laboratory Technician in all aspects of maintaining the laboratory to the highest standards. He or she will ensure that all laboratory facilities (including field laboratories) are clean and ready for ART procedures. The Laboratory Assistant is expected to maintain a good record keeping system of specimen stocks (biomaterials, animals) and consumables as directed by the Senior Laboratory Technician.
-Minimum Form 6 (STPM or equivalent) with science background.
-Preferred with 2 years of experiences in a research laboratory.
-Valid driving license.
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to send an application with a covering letter on why the job is of interest to the candidate, comprehensive resume, stating qualifications, experience, present and expected salary, and contact number.
The Executive Director,
Borneo Rhino Alliance (BORA)
c/o Fakulti Sains Dan Sumber Alam (FSSA)
Universiti Malaysia Sabah (UMS), Jalan UMS
88400 Kota Kinabalu Sabah OR email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date 30th September, 2016.