BORA’s funding ended in June 2016. We are in urgent need of financial assistance to continue our work to save the Sumatran Rhino. Contributions are needed to ensure that the three rhinos continue to receive the best care possible as we work with advanced reproductive technology experts to produce a rhino embryo.
Here are some of the ways you can support this effort.
Your funds can help BORA find a scientific breakthrough as well as provide the care our rhinos need.
Your skills and time can provide invaluable assistance to us in a variety of areas where we need help.
Your voice can be the difference between the survival of an ancient genus or its extinction.
Scroll down to find out more.
BORA’s funding ended in June 2016. We are in need of financial assistance to aid in the following:-
• To engage the best scientific practitioners in the field to extract sperm and eggs from our three rhinos, and to create a Sumatran rhino embryo.
Care for the rhinos
• To provide food, medicine and the required veterinary care for the three rhinos in the Sanctuary.
• To create a sustainable fresh water supply from a nearby river, for the rhinos.
• To help maintain access roads and infrastructure in and around the Rhino Sanctuary.
BORA needs assistance in the following areas –
• Legal – To advise BORA in matters pertaining to Malaysian and Indonesian laws.
• Financial – To assist BORA in seeking funds from individuals and organizations.
• Collaboration – Indonesian NGOs and concerned citizens: please facilitate conservation collaboration between BORA and Indonesia on breeding Sumatran rhinos.
You can make a huge difference to BORA’s cause by calling upon those in prominent positions to make a difference.
Ask IUCN and wildlife conservation NGOs what they are doing to save the Sumatran rhino and if those efforts are enough.
Mobilize your network to spread the urgent message of our mission. The more people that are aware of our plight, the greater the opportunity for help.
Appeal to the Indonesian authorities to work with BORA so that, together, we can find a breakthrough much quicker than we could do alone.
We at BORA, are only 15 people strong, and there’s only so much we can do on our own. But if you stand with us, our united voice could be several thousand strong. Together we can bring about a call to action.
We thank you for your assistance and desire to help save one of the worldʼs most endangered animals. We need your voice. We need your help. Together, there still is hope for Sumatran rhino.